The night after our wedding, we flew to Bangkok via Hong Kong. From there, we caught a short flight to Koh Samui , an island in the Gulf of Siam. On Samui we visited waterfalls and a mummified monk, went diving at a nearby national marine park, walked along the beach and went swimming, and got lots of Thai massages.

After three nights on Samui, we flew back to Bangkok. We visited Wat Pho and had dinner in one of the tiny restaurants on the waterfront, then checked out the nightlife.

The next morning, we flew to Kota Kinabalu and then on to Sandakan, in the Sabah region of Malaysian Borneo. We spent the night in Sepilok, near the Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre. We saw lots of orangutans at the feeding platform the next morning.

After lunch, we headed to Uncle Tan's Wildlife Camp on the Kinabatangan River. The camp doesn't have running water, but does have lots of wildlife.

We had a late afternoon flight back to Kota Kinabalu, so after leaving the camp we saw the sights in Sandakan.

We spent a day at the beach on the island of Mamutik, part of the Tunku Abdul Rahman National Park and only a 20 minute boat ride from Kota Kinabalu. The next morning, we rented a car and drove to Mt. Kinabalu National Park. We hiked a couple of trails around the base of the mountain. We spent our last day visiting Poring Hot Springs; we walked 120 feet off the ground on the canopy walkway, cooled off in a waterfall, checked out the butterfly farm, and lounged in the hot springs tubs. We took the long way back to KK, and stopped to see a giant flower at the Rafflesia Forest Reserve.

We left SFO at 1:20am, and landed in Hong Kong about 13 hours later. Almost everything in the airport was closed, but we did find a Starbucks. It was exactly like all of the other airport Starbucks we've ever seen, except they had red bean frappucinos.
Three hours after leaving Hong Kong, we arrived in the recently opened Bangkok airport. We transferred to the domestic terminal for our flight to Koh Samui.
Looking for a place to buy water, we discovered that Bangkok Air has a lounge with drinks, snacks, tourist brochures, and Internet! That's Paul using the computer on the far right. We both had Thai iced tea from the fountain. Once we boarded, they brought us cool towels. We flew on four different airlines this trip, and Bangkok Air was definitely the best one.